Saturday, February 13, 2016

Low Levels


I have a wireless headset I use to listen to music when I'm running. It keeps a charge for a decent amount of time and will also warn me when the battery needs to be recharged. It will interrupt my music to speak, "battery is low" in my headphones. I was about 2/3 of the way through my run today when it started the warning. It repeated the warning as I was about to start the last mile of my long run and I blurted out loud, "Mine is too!"

Wouldn't it be convenient if we had a warning sign when our personal battery level was getting low? It would be a clear signal that it was time to stop and recharge before our minds and/or bodies quit. In retrospect, we do have those warnings if we learn to pay attention to them. Decreased personal battery levels show themselves in our irritability, difficulty sleeping, lack of concentration, diminished creativity, lack of patience, overlooking of details, and even personal relationship upheaval. These all point to low energy reserves and predict a crash on the horizon if we don't do something to restore our levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment