Thursday, March 7, 2013

Walk the Line

I keep detailed lists of things--long term projects, vision casting for future events, and personal to-do lists. It's the way I keep track of my personal life, goals & aspirations, and ministry. It helps to have it front of me on a regular basis so that I don't lose focus on what's most important. 

The lists represent an interesting balance between the present and the future. If I stay consumed with present details and needs then I will end up having no vision for the future. On the other hand, if I only pay attention to future vision and aspirations I can end up missing opportunities and victories that are right in front of me. It is a delicate balance of looking ahead while paying attention to where your feet are going in this moment. When I can put emphasis on current needs as well as building for what's ahead, I find momentum moves in the most positive direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment