As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said,
“Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized? ” (Acts 8:36 NIV)
Do we realize that are often the biggest obstacle to our growth? If sin is anything that obstructs our view of God, we need to realize that we are often that obstruction.
- Our pride that prevents submission
- Our past that prevents transparency & intimacy
- Our obstinance that prevents humility
- Our adherence to an ill-fashioned vision that keeps us from God's vision
- Our confidence in our self-control and will power that only betray us at the moment of crisis
- Our fear of the unknown that prevents us from stepping out in bold faith.