Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Victory


I went to each of my daughters last week with a piece of candy in my hand and played the old, "pick a hand" game. They obviously aren't young enough to totally buy into it, but each of them did pick a piece of candy. They didn't know (until afterwards) that I actually had a piece of candy in each hand and that they couldn't have missed out. My middle daughter was the only one that actually asked me, "Dad, why do you have a candy in both hands?" My response to her was, "Because sometimes you just need a win."

It hit me right after the words left my mouth how much truth was contained in that comment. There are some times when a victory is desperately needed. It's a good thing that there are actually a lot of them around us if we'll just pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment