Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Careful Consideration

Our staff is at the Drive conference at NorthPoint Community Church this week. It's a phenomenal organization that obviously follows God's leading and functions by staying strategically focused on the same vision through all levels of what they do.

The standard line when you are attending these conferences is that you need to focus on the one thing you will take away since there is obviously no way to implement everything you learn. I know some people who stop paying attention once they hear their "one big thing" and others who can't seem to narrow it down. I remember when I first started attending conferences (in my previous life as an athletic trainer) and how flooded with ideas I would feel over the course of 2-3 days. I've learned to soak it all in and take copious notes that allow me to go back later and work on what's most important. I guess that's probably a pretty decent idea for life in general--don't go running out and making major changes without some time to carefully consider the implications of your choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment