Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feeling Content

If you are a Christ-follower I hope it would be safe to say that you want to grow. I don't know any true follower who doesn't desire to know more of Him & to be continually changed (sanctified if you will) by the power of the Holy Spirit. I know that it creates moments of impatience in me as I have difficulties waiting for the changes that God is slowly working in my spirit. I catch glimpses of a future promise for my family, my own spiritual health, and what God is leading me to do. The part that becomes the most trying is waiting for that progression to occur.

Can we be so focused on what we want to improve, how we want to grow, and what we want to do next that we neglect the peace of God in this moment? Are we so intent on changing our circumstances that we forget to trust who God is and what He is doing right in the present?

I have to ask if I actually trust God to guide the leading of my family, the development of my own heart, and my career path. It really is a matter of trust because when I do I am not anxious about the trajectory or pace of the path that I am on. I am simply content and resting in God.

3 comments:

  1. I love when I'm content and resting in God. That serenity is usually also directly connected to my graditude for where God has placed me at this very moment in my walk. I can often look at my past and see where God has proved himself to me time after time. I often want what I want and I want it now but many times God's plan was much GREATER than I could even pray for ( even though it did not come when I thought it should and it was not even what I thought it should be )!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It's my own personal agenda that tends to get in the way of resting in my trust in Him. God's plan is always greater than ours isn't it? You would think that I would have enough confidence in that over time to simply rest in it. It's part of that continual maturity path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God's plan is always greater than ours! I completely understand though because time after time I try and put myself in the drivers seat but I truly enjoy the ride more when I let God guide me. Even when I let him guide me I often still want to tell Him when to turn and when to speed up. I often become anxious and stricken with fear when I constantly try and direct my life, this has got to be some of the most uncomfortable feelings we experience as Christ followers. Yes, to constantly be on a maturity path goes back to exactly what you wrote in your first sentence, " that you want to grow." It's really awesome that we are able to realize within our lives that we are anxious over our on personal agendas and to be able to take a step back and realize that " it really is a matter of trust. "

      Delete