Friday, June 3, 2011

Constant Strength

I often say that there are no surprises for God. He is always fully in control and is never caught off guard when our circumstances change, when we make good and poor decisions or when tragedy and triumph strike. He always remains the same due to His nature and is never less than what we need to make it through each day. He is able to provide strength for us when we are willing to lean into Him-not just in times of difficulty, but in every day life.

It is a consistency in my dependency on God that I am searching for. I don't want to rely on Him only when things are tough or when ministry and life threaten to overwhelm me. I want to be known (not for my reputation's sake, but for His) as a man that finds his strength each day in the power of the King. I desire for all of who I am to have the mark of the Holy Spirit and the endurance that comes from my constant dependence on Him. It is in this consistency that I can strive to be a better example to my children, a more supportive and encouraging husband to my wife, a more effective pastor for the people I am called to serve and a fully devoted Christ follower ready to take on the world.


Psalm 104:33 "I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. 
May my meditation be pleasing to Him as I rejoice in the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment