Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

Part of my problem (at least one of them) is that my brain is constantly working. Not that other people's brains aren't working too-although sometimes I wonder (insert Charlie Sheen cultural reference here.) It's just that I have a difficult time just being in a moment and appreciating what is happening right now in my life. I get caught up in the "to-do-lists" of the day/week/month/decade and can miss out on engaging in the present. Sometimes I focus so much on what is next and on improving ministry that I can miss a lesson that God is trying to teach me right now.

I always told my wife when we were serving in Florida that God had a specific direction for us and that I was trying to learn as much as I could before He revealed the next step. I feel the same way now. There is wisdom that I need to gain and faithful obedience that I need to follow through with so that God can continue to mold me. It's not always a fun process, but it is necessary for my spiritual growth, my family's development and for God-focused ministry to take place.

I have glimpses of the future and where God is leading me and sometimes that picture is more clear than others. What I don't want to do is miss out on the experiences, relationships, faith-stretching, learning opportunities and simple joys that He is showing me right now. 

1 comment:

  1. Very much resonates with me: Have traded in my to-do lists for a daily list of manna("what is it?") moments. Searching for the mystery to be revealed to me each day is a challenge but living a life of Eucharisteo is very rewarding in this journey. Also not wanting to miss a thing in this here and now. As always encouraging!

    ReplyDelete