Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Quotables Day 2

"My life is my message."  Mahatma Ghandi

Seems pretty simple doesn't it?  No matter what we might aim to be or do, the life that we actually live will describe who we are.  I can stand and proclaim that I desire to be a dedicated Christ-follower, a loving and encouraging husband, a Christ-like father to my children, and a great pastor.  Unless the choices that I make each day reflect those desires, my life will send another message entirely.  It is difficult to see what we are sending to those around us (we are in the middle of our own lives after all and not merely spectators watching from the outside) but if we want to accurately represent our life ambitions, we must give thought to the life that we lead.  It brings to mind one of my favorite verses-Philippians 1:21, "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

No comments:

Post a Comment