Monday, October 26, 2009

Bold Prayers

Prayer is such a valuable part of a relationship with God-a time of communication and interaction where our spirit speaks to His Spirit.  I don't pray as often as I would like and I don't always have the depth in my prayer life that I desire either.  I think that part of my up & down prayer life is a result of what I am praying for.

I pray for people a lot-for healing, for God to get their attention, for restoration, for forgiveness.  Scripture tells us to spend time praying for others in front of God, but is that what our prayers are limited to?  Are we so focused on the simple prayers that we forget to pray for things that are bold-things that certainly couldn't happen without God's incredible intervention?  Are we praying for big things to happen-for a seriously ridiculous, God-given vision that will blow our minds and reveal His true nature to everyone around us?

I feel challenged to ramp it up-to stretch my own prayer life to a point of boldness that can only be answered by God & His power. 

1 comment:

  1. I read "seriously ridiculous", and it just made me smile (: God can create the universe, He can certainly save that person we've been praying for or answer any one of our bold prayers. We just have to believe it. That, sometimes, is the tough part too.

    ReplyDelete