Monday, April 5, 2010

My Second Home

I have just returned from another trip to the American Indian Christian Mission in Show Low, Arizona. This time was entirely new as our team of 23 included 20 people who had never been there before and 20 of them who had never been on a mission trip before as well. It was a week of learning, coaching, hard physical labor and hopefully life change for all of us.

I am in love with this place and have been for a long time. Including summer trips and other ventures out there, this was my 12th trip to Show Low. I never get tired of it and the beauty of God's handiwork in the canyons and mountains is always fresh & new. We have made very dear friends with many of the staff & have watched several of the children grow up over the years as well. It is a place that captures & also breaks your heart and I already can't wait to go back.

My wife commented as we left this past week that it was more difficult to leave this time than in year's past. With all of the turmoil of the past year and leaving Florida, AICM and our family there certainly feels like a second home. I am thankful that God has provided a place for us to serve in the mission field and I am grateful for the friends that we have in Show Low that continue to work the front lines each day for the Native Americans. Even as I am glad to be back in Georgia and doing God's great work, I am counting the days until I can go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment