Tuesday, December 1, 2015

In the Middle


Today our middle daughter, Bailey, celebrates her 17th birthday. My beautiful, soft-hearted girl is blossoming into a delightful young woman even as I struggle somewhat with how grown she is. While I wouldn't change anything about this phase of life, I look back over her early childhood with great fondness too. Our conversations have changed and the depth of what we discuss is greater, but many parts of her personality remain the same. 

Bailey has always been wonderfully sweet, greatly compassionate, and sensitive to others. Her emotions have always been transparent and she cares deeply for the people in her life. Bailey is a great comforter and also hates to disappoint you. She is my most "huggy" child and will greet me lovingly when I come home after being gone a week or even ten minutes. She is a deep thinker and will contentedly spend hours by herself. Bailey is tougher than her soft demeanor might cause you to believe and sees things others may not. She is incredibly goofy and loves to laugh and have us laugh with her. Most importantly, she is pursuing Christ and is passionate about what He is doing in her life.

Like all of my girls she is uniquely herself and I wouldn't have it any other way. She fits perfectly in the middle of our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment