Monday, November 17, 2014

Daily Perspective

The pace of my day has been different than I anticipated, but as I wrote recently that doesn't necessarily make it a bad day. Looking back in retrospection reveals a lot of positive things that didn't show up on my to-do list.
  • A good cup(s) of coffee and morning meditation 
  • Reading that challenges my thought processes
  • Encouraging & praying for friends going through difficulties
  • Feeling like I am making valuable contributions to forward movement
  • Being part of a team
  • Talking with a like-minded colleague about the potential of ministry
  • An overly enthusiastic greeting from a happy dog at home
  • An appropriately enthusiastic greeting from a happy family at home
  • Pushing through exercise in increasingly cool weather
  • A really good meal at the end of the day
  • Taking time to read & write with another good cup of coffee
Our perspective determines the outcome and today's outcome has been good. Here's to finding those parts that help us see the positive things happening around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment