Friday, October 17, 2014

Thankful Thoughts

It's not Thanksgiving, but I found myself thinking about the things in my life that I am grateful for today. I started to post a brief comment about it via social media, but felt that my gratitude would be better expressed in blog form. It's not a comprehensive list, but hopefully it reflects a few of the things I am grateful for today.
  • A day off to replenish my energy reserves
  • A stack of books I am excited to read
  • The opportunity to preach this Sunday
  • Having the windows open while cool breezes blow through the house
  • Better physical health
  • Being madly in love with the woman who has my heart
  • Three maturing young daughters who also have my heart
  • Connecting with people over coffee
  • Confidence in knowing that I am a work in a progress that is heading in the right direction
  • Looking forward to a good dinner
  • Grace that redeems my past and offers a better future
  • Having my mind stimulated by new ways of thinking
  • The love of a faithful dog
  • Grace-have I mentioned how thankful I am for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment