Sunday, October 5, 2014

I See You

Have you ever been so focused that you walked right by someone you knew without acknowledging them? It usually happens to me when I am grocery shopping. I am so zoned in on my list and getting out of the store as quickly as possible that I have been guilty of tunnel vision. Fortunately, most people are understanding once they have gotten my attention and don't hold it against me.

How often do we look past the people around us? Are we aware of the vast number of people we walk by in our community on a daily basis? Do we see them for who they are and understand that they each carry their own burdens? Are we paying attention to our fellow travelers and recognizing them as valued people? 

It's easy to become intently focused on surviving our own schedule and neglect the opportunities to interact with other people. Sometimes the best way to make an immediate impact is to see the person right in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment