Monday, April 7, 2014

Reflections: Mission Minded

I am still processing all that I experienced on this year's trip to Arizona and will need a little more rest and think-time before I am ready to take action. While I still need to sort through everything there are two over-arching areas of thought that hit me most:

1. What can I do to help in Arizona on a continual basis between trips? 

2. What did our experiences teach us that we can put to use here in Milledgeville?

Those two questions form the framework for positive mission work in my humble, but accurate opinion. It's a powerful thing to be affected by a mission experience, but the greatest impression is felt when it lasts longer than the trip itself. If we truly intend to be committed Christ followers we need to dedicate ourselves to supporting the distant and the local mission field on a consistent basis. I don't have the complete picture of what that looks like, but with passionate team members and God's guidance I am certain we'll find a way to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment