Thursday, September 20, 2012

Changing Definitions

One of the biggest adjustments I have had to make in ministry was to my definition of productivity. There are days when I feel as if I am in a whirlwind and yet I check nothing off of my daily task list. Today was one of those days and yet I feel good about the effort and concentration that I put into the day. I started to list the details of my schedule, but I don't know that I can rightly recall every part of what went into it. I remember looking at my Franklin planner mid-afternoon and thinking, "I'm not going to be able to check anything off of that list before I go home."

I do take some comfort in the fact that (almost) everything I did today was part of my overall vision for ministry and helped to further the vision of the church in some way (even if a small one at that.) When you have days like this (not that they are bad in themselves) it is good to be able to know that while they may not have appeared to be highly productive on the outside, they were a part of moving one step further along in the vision of who God is leading us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment