Friday, September 14, 2012

24 Hours


"At the end of the day" is a phrase that is used to describe a situation where everything has been taken into consideration. I was mowing this morning and listening to a pastor who uses that phrase quite often in his preaching and it got me thinking. What is true at the end of the day in my life?
  • Whatever I didn't accomplish today will be there tomorrow--and if it's not I really don't have to worry about it
  • I am one day closer to the end of my life here
  • My wife is still the love of my life
  • I love three incredibly beautiful and gifted daughters
  • I am a product of heredity, my environment, and God's grace
  • God's mercies will be new when I wake up
  • Even if today's circumstances have been uneven or unpleasant, God still works all things out for my good
  • I tried to better myself today--even in some small way
  • I didn't have all the answers to my life when I started this day & still don't
  • I am blessed by the people I am fortunate enough to interact with each day
  • I have had an impact on someone today--whether positive or negative
  • I am a son of the King
  • To paraphrase one of my favorite baseball writers, "And tomorrow will be better than today."

No comments:

Post a Comment