Friday, February 11, 2011

Next Step

I see a glimpse (some times more clearly than others) of what God has for me in the future. There are days when I can feel that I am right on track and maturing and growing in my faith. Then there are those other days when the things that I do become perfunctory and there really is no growth taking place. It causes me to think about my efforts and the heart behind them.

What is it that is keeping me from the next step? What area of my life do I need to increase (or start) obedience in? What attitude of mine must change before God will reveal more of His will to me? I see a big picture in the distance of what my faith and the faith of my family could look like, but I know that the steps before reaching that destination are key. The beginning of that revelation starts in keeping my focus on the things of God and not allowing the temporary restraints of this world to dominate my heart, thoughts and actions.

"So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides.Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ--that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.Your old life is dead. Your new life, which is your real life--even though invisible to spectators--is with Christ in God. He is your life." Colossians 3:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment