Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Instinct

We will inevitably have times in our lives when things don't go as well as we hope and expect. When that happens I tend to strategize and come up with solutions. I talk things over with those that I respect and get moving on a plan of action.

When things are going smoothly in life I tend to relish those moments and enjoy the ride. It's comforting to know that my family is blessed, ministry is productive and I am at peace.

What is my instinct in both sets of circumstances? If I am committed to following Christ it should always be to pray. To pray in times of need and also in times of blessing should be my natural reaction and what Scripture urges when it tells us to pray continually.

I'm not there yet, but I keep asking God to help me make my first instinct to always turn to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment