Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reflections

What a week it has been.  I am overdue on my Sunday reflections, but will blame it on the lack of internet in my hotel in Miami that night.  Not sure that I can get all of my thoughts in a somewhat brief blog-some will need further fleshing out in subsequent postings-but we'll give it a whirl.

  • I don't like to drive long distances-I get bored in the car-but we managed to drive from Milledgeville to Ormond, Ormond to Fort Pierce, Fort Pierce to Miami and then back in five days.
  • I was excited to get to see old friends/family in Ormond Beach last week-there was a hug-fest on Thursday night that lasted for 3 1/2 hours and did our hearts so much good.  I hope it was as good for others.
  • I'm not too old to sit up until 3 a.m. talking with a friend.  I might be too old to be on top of my game 4 hours later unless there is good coffee.
  • Brought the whole family by Mainland High School on our way out of town-what great friends & family are there that have loved us for a long time.  I miss them always.
  • Dana & I were blessed to be at the wedding of my oldest friend-Paul & I have known each other since elementary school and were roommates in college too.  He is so obviously happy and we think Lesley is an incredible woman.  They are truly a blessed couple!
  • Hanging with one of my college friends & his wife the night before the wedding was a great blast! It's been too long & distance (he is in Texas) makes it hard to do often.
  • I am thankful for good friends on staff here at Northridge that are talented and able to carry on so that I can get a weekend away.  Matthew Orr & Mike Waers would be a blessing to any church, but selfishly we are glad they are part of our team here!
  • Monday afternoon was simple-spending some time with my mom, sister, nephew, brother & our family by the pool was a great time.  I miss them & wish we could see each other more often.
  • We're back at it in Georgia, but this past week has certainly shown us how loved we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment