Thursday, November 26, 2015

My Thankfulness List



Thanksgiving is an annual opportunity for all of us to focus on the things in our lives we are thankful for. We take a break from our normal routines to spend time with people we care about and be grateful for what we have. I always enjoy this brief respite from the hectic day-to-day pace and find myself thinking on those things I am most appreciative of:

  • A heavenly Father who has seen me at my best & my worst and still loves me
  • My wife who completes me in so many ways. She is my best friend, lover, and confidant. 
  • Three uniquely wonderful daughters who constantly challenge me in new ways.
  • New perspectives on life revealed by wise people around me and a gracious God.
  • Being able to live out my calling in life as part of a thriving church and church staff. I don't take this for granted as I know of other pastors who aren't this blessed.
  • Mentors throughout the years who have taken the risk of investing in me. They were willing to persevere even when I didn't receive their counsel well.
  • Good long-time friends who are important in my life even if we don't talk that often. I know they are always there and hope they know that about me as well.
  • Newer friends who encourage me, listen to me, drink coffee with me, help me in times of need, and laugh with me.
  • A vision and passion for the future. I don't have all of the steps lined up for what is coming, but God continues to give me glimpses of where He is leading us.

Even a small list of gratitude reminds me of the gifts I have in this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment