Tuesday, June 5, 2012

One of Those Days

You ever have one of those days that started out strong & just didn't finish that way? Of course you have. That was my day today.

I felt good about the beginning of the day with coffee, prayer (even as I struggled with maintaining some focus through it), and Bible. I got a jump start on some other reading, enjoyed breakfast with my lovely ladies, and hit the office ready to conquer the world (or at least my to-do list.) Things moved along fairly well until shortly after 11 when it seemed all momentum stopped. For the rest of the day it felt like I was running as fast as I could through chest-deep mud. No matter how much energy or enthusiasm I generated things moved slowly. Nothing went as smoothly as I had hoped or on the time schedule that I had set up for success. Needless to say my list for tomorrow now includes a lot of what I had hoped to have finished today.

I would like to impart great wisdom here and lay out a spiritual principle to benefit faithful readers, but alas, it isn't there. Some days just don't work out exactly as you planned even if you do manage to stay focused. I can mutter and mumble about it around the house tonight, but will instead choose to enjoy the movie night with my ladies and time with my lovely wife. My objective there is to take pleasure in their company and I am confident that particular objective will be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment