Sunday, June 3, 2012

New Tricks

"He came back and found them sound asleep. He said to Peter, 'Simon, you went to sleep on me? Can't you stick it out with me a single hour? Stay alert, be in prayer, so you don't enter the danger zone without even knowing it. Don't be naive. Part of you is eager, ready for anything in God; but another part is as lazy as an old dog sleeping by the fire." Mark 14:37-38 (MSG)

I identify with Peter in more ways than I like to admit. I can be brash & impetuous and given to big moments of faith followed soon by moments of weakness. Even though Jesus was chastising Peter in the garden I feel He was talking to me in some ways. 

I am always asking God for wisdom, vision, and clarity so that I can grow more in His plan for my life. I am open to His guidance and how He wants to impact my personal relationship with Him, my family, and the ministry that He has called me to. I like to believe that I am ready for whatever He desires and to take enormous risks of faith for His Kingdom's sake. At the same time there is that part of me that is comfortable with the routine and pace I am in now and struggles with making the necessary changes for growth. 

It will be hard work to follow through on God's design. It will require vigilance and perseverance through difficult endeavors and challenges. I won't drift into something greater for God. I must stay alert and remain in prayer even when it is difficult to maintain my focus and I feel like giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment