Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Bailey Boo

Today my middle daughter turns 13 and we have already started her day of honor with our traditional daddy-daughter breakfast. As we ate and talked with each other I could see just how much she is growing-not just physically, but maturing in her thoughts and desires. It's hard as a parent to reconcile the image of that tiny baby with big blue eyes that would stare up at me with the young lady that was sitting and drinking her coffee. So much of her is changing and yet she still possesses the innocence of heart that I pray will always be part of who she is. I hope that she will always exclaim loudly and gleefully at surprises. I treasure her excitement at seeing me come home as she runs to my car with her sisters to get hugs & kisses and dread the day it ceases to happen. She will always be my deep-thinker and dreamer-just as content to sit alone and stare at the water as she is with other people. She is uniquely and wonderfully Bailey and it warms my heart to see her love for others and her excitement for life.

I'm proud of you my girl. God is doing incredible things in and through you and He's not done yet. I'm more grateful than you could ever know for the gift that you are to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment