Monday, December 12, 2011

It Doesn't Matter

Alice "I was just wondering if you could help me find my way."
Cheshire Cat "Well that depends on where you want to go."
Alice "Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as..."
Cheshire Cat "Then it really doesn't matter which way you go."

I want to be a better husband, father, pastor, and follower of Christ. I'm not satisfied with my current standing in any of those areas and I know that God has greater plans for me than what I am currently experiencing. I have full confidence in God's ability to work in and through me. I strongly believe in the fulfillment of His will and that His plan will prevail.

I also recognize that I can't passively sit back and hope that my future is revealed and fulfilled. He desires for me to take an active role in increasing my faith and growing as a godly man. That requires intentional daily effort and constant seeking of direction and vision from God. I have to be willing to fervently ask God for a vision of the future, have the faith to believe that He will reveal it, and then faithfully pray and work to see it come to fruition through the power of His Holy Spirit. 

If we aren't willing to seek that specific vision and passionately work towards it we have neglected true revelation from God. Then our prayers and intentions are merely pleasant platitudes that make us feel good about becoming better people without actually living out a Holy Spirit filled existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment