Monday, July 11, 2011

Sharing in Love

I was blessed this past weekend to officiate the wedding of a truly incredible couple as they started their journey of life together. Josh & Heather Hollar and I got to spend a lot of time together over the past few months as we worked through their premarital counseling and wedding planning. Their love for each other was very obvious through it all, the ceremony went off without a hitch, and they are now enjoying their honeymoon in the Dominican Republic. It was a huge pleasure for me with the investment that we had made in each other over the past several months.

It never ceases to amaze me how God brings people together when we are willing to listen. There is no doubt in my mind that God brought Josh & Heather together as a couple, but He also gave me the opportunity to be part of their day. I never take these moments for granted and there have been many of them since I was called into ministry. Sometimes it is a divine appointment with the chance to speak into a stranger's life for just a moment, sometimes it is God leading me to a friend in need where I least expected it, and sometimes He will give you the opportunity to make a longer investment in someone (and them in you.)

This is part of life as the Church-keeping your focus on those around you and being willing to make a difference for them as the opportunity arises. I have to admit it's one of my most favorite parts of this life God has called me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment