Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers' Day

I have been blessed by the mothers in my life-by my biological mother as well as many others.

My own mother is an example of endurance, strength, compassion and love. She sacrificed so much for us as children-in many ways that I didn't even realize until I was older. She is always supportive and encouraging and is a true model of unconditional love.

My mother-in-law is a great woman. She loves her family so much and continues to make sacrifices for them. I have never felt like an outsider with her, but was warmly accepted into the family immediately. She has taught me so much in responsibility and giving.

My wife is an incredible mom. She loves our children with such passion and models what a Proverbs 31 woman is for our girls-things that they won't necessarily understand until they are grown. As a cancer survivor, she understands what a gift motherhood is and values it as a key part of who she is. I can't imagine a better mom for our children and watching her with them only makes me love her more.

There are so many other women that have cared for and influenced me over the years as well: Doris Godbey, Ingrid Hinman, Georgina Fox, Linda Marshall, Ellen Clontz, Patsy Graham and more than I can count.

One man shouldn't be so blessed to have such godly women throughout his life, but I am grateful for the love and influence of them all. Happy Mothers' Day to you all-thank you for who you are and what you mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment