Friday, November 5, 2010

Joyful Perspective

Needless to say, it has been an interesting week. There have been countless times of prayer and discussion as we seek God's vision for His church, planning sessions for the upcoming holiday seasons, budget revisions for 2011 and multiple coaching sessions. Sometimes the pressure of wanting to honor God through our efforts, bring people closer to Him and yet deal with human expectations can be overwhelming. In light of how much my head has been spinning and to help regain perspective, I thought it would be beneficial to make a short list of things that bring me joy this fine morning.

  • Confidence in a King who loves me for me
  • A beautiful, passionate & intelligent wife who is more than I deserve
  • Good morning hugs & kisses from three incredible daughters
  • A day off full of potential
  • A hot cup of coffee on a cool morning
  • Seeing my family in Orlando in a few short weeks
  • A meatloaf sandwich yesterday that brings back fond memories of my grandparents
  • A planned date night with my lover/best friend
  • Incredible friends here who make that date night possible
  • Friends from Florida who will be here next weekend
  • A chilly Friday morning
  • Working with friends that care enough about people & God's church to keep searching for answers
  • Family meals together
  • Too many other things to count, but still worth counting now & then

No comments:

Post a Comment