Monday, September 6, 2010

Something New

I am often too contemplative for my own good. I get things rolling around in my head and create perceptions and arguments for and against things that aren't necessarily the most beneficial footholds to gain. I also fall into the comparison trap between the past and my current standing/situation.

As I seek direction from God for what to do next in ministry here at Northridge, it can be easy to fall into the trap of looking at the past and what has worked instead of trusting God for a new vision. I believe strongly in the fundamental principles of relying on the Word of God for teaching, a lifestyle of worship, serving in the area of your giftedness and a commitment to leading others to Christ. Those areas do not change, but the methodology will vary. I trust in God's great plan for us though-even though I need to remind myself of that sometimes. I know that He has something that is new and incredible for all of us-as His church and for all of us as individual families.

My heart is focused on the youth at Northridge this morning and I know that God has something new for us. It is time to truly seek what that vision is and to be faithful and obedient enough to step out and follow it-even if it is something we have never seen before.

"Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. Wild animals will say 'Thank you!' --the coyotes and the buzzards-- Because I provided water in the desert, rivers through the sun-baked earth, Drinking water for the people I chose, the people I made especially for myself, a people custom-made to praise me."  Isaiah 43:18-21

1 comment: