Sunday, September 12, 2010

Good, Pleasing & Perfect

We spend a lot of time searching for God's will in our lives and in ministry. We pray, study the Word, and seek wise counsel before we take action. Sometimes we can become paralyzed by the indecision we face as we want to make the right choice and follow the direction of God without making a huge mistake.

As I read in Romans 12 this morning, I see the key. It is for us to be transformed as our minds are made new by God. When we are made into the likeness of Christ we no longer struggle with determining His will for us. We are able to test and approve what we are facing and know what is true because of the power of the Holy Spirit that is in us.

I have read this passage hundreds of times, but this morning it is the key of transformation-not just diligent prayer-that resonates with me and directs me to where my focus should be for my own soul's sake.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will.  Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment