Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Shifting

I desire for my perspective to change. I want to shift my motivation for following God from one of obligation and expectation to one of godly passion. I read in Psalm 119 of the passionate desire to meditate and follow God's law and I know that it does not describe me-even if I want it to. I pray that God would transform my heart-even slowly if need be-so that my greatest pleasure is found in Him.


"I'm single-minded in pursuit of You; don't let me miss the road signs you've posted. I've banked Your promises in the vault of my heart so I won't sin myself bankrupt. Be blessed, God; train me in Your ways of wise living. I'll transfer to my lips all the counsel that comes from Your mouth. I delight far more in what You tell me about living than in gathering a pile of riches. I ponder every morsel of wisdom from You, I attentively watch how You've done it. I relish everything You've told me of life, I won't forget a word of it."
-Psalm 119: 9-16 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment