Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mind Dump

I have to admit that I have not approached the regularity that I once had on the blogosphere since moving to Georgia.  I don't know if it is the new interface or just the hecticity (yep-that's the word I used) of life & ministry here, but I haven't kept up with it as much as I desire to do.  I am stealing the phrase "Mind Dump" from Michael Mears because that just seems to be the best way to get at this today.  So with my apologies to my brother at FSU, here goes:

  • There were 752 people in worship at Northridge this past weekend-an increase of almost 500 since October 2008
  • There is no explanation for growth like that except God.  Plain & simple.
  • I am speaking at FSU's CCF "Family Vacation" this coming weekend-sharing on the Holy Spirit four times in three days
  • I'm looking forward to this weekend, but also a little anxious.  It's a big responsiblity to share God's Word & I don't take it lightly.  I don't want to mess anything up or get in the Holy Spirit's way.
  • The time frame for our mission trip to Arizona is dwindling-this is all new here & we still have a lot of money to raise.  It's going to be a God thing when it all comes together.
  • Reculturing youth ministry is one of the most difficult things I have done.  We did it in Florida (by we I mean God), but I had zero clue back then.  Now I have a clue and I realize how hard it truly is.
  • The rewards of youth ministry will come later-I know this.  God will reward our faithfulness through the struggles-just perhaps not in this life.
  • Trying to balance working with youth and also working as an associate pastor is a very interesting act.  I have to remind myself daily that it has to be a God thing-I'm not that good.
  • Spending time with our Florida friends as they visit us is always good for my soul.  I have spent a lot of time "in the trenches" with these folks and our hearts will be connected no matter the distance.
  • Praying through the process of getting rid of our house in Florida-in foreclosure now, but hoping that our application for deed-in-lieu goes through.  Trusting that God will handle this last detail from the move northward too.
  • I am a lucky man.  Married to my best friend and blessed with three incredible daughters.  Certainly more than I deserve & I pray as often as I can that I don't mess up the chance to be a godly father & husband.
  • I have to work harder at establishing "margin" in my life.  The pace that we have been running at (and the one in front of us) is crazy.  I can't allow the schedule to dictate everything.  Got to set apart time for me & God and me & my family.
  • To be loved by God in the middle of all of my faults, insecurities, weaknesses & sins is mind-blowing.  I don't think I'll ever fully understand it, but I pray that I will live as if I am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment