Sunday, December 18, 2011

Still Good

It has been a full week. That sentence alone carries more weight than six words should.

I sit here at the end of it and have a hard time fathoming all that has been packed into seven days. I have experienced the joy of seeing others blessed through Christmas gifts and Christmas dinner. I have witnessed warmth as senior citizens came together for a celebration of Christmas through songs and a meal. I have laughed and cried with staff members as we tirelessly work to fulfill God's calling on us and struggle to deal with the trials of our personal lives. I have been overwhelmed by the beauty of the birth of Christ through our Live Nativity and touched by the tears of a father who stopped to thank me for giving his family an opportunity to witness it. I have officiated a wedding, calmed nerves, and asked for God's blessing over a young couple just starting their life together. My heart has been heavy with sorrow over the death of a young man that left us far too early and my tears flowed as I missed grieving with friends. I have prayed and meditated over sharing a message from God to our church and been blessed as God allowed me to preach it.

I am overwhelmed with so many emotions as I look back on this week and I do not know what the week ahead holds for me. I do know that God is still King and that He is still good. No matter what lies ahead those facts will not change. There is great comfort and encouragement in knowing that I worship a God who does not change based on my circumstances.

4 comments:

  1. I well up with tears as I read your words Craig. That's why God tells us to perserver (to continue onward in spite of obstacles) as we face many trials in this life. He is a good God and all things work together for our good, even when we don't see it. God bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your example of faithfulness brother!! Merry Christmas to you and your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Yo-Yo! Many blessings to you & your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jim-it's a journey for all of us, but staying focused on the supremacy of God helps when everything around us seems to be constantly fluctuating. Merry Christmas to you & yours as well my friend!

    ReplyDelete