Monday, April 11, 2016

I Can't See


I’ve worn glasses or contacts since I was in the third grade. I honestly needed them before then, but didn’t realize it since my vision was getting more blurry over time instead of all at once. There is a distinct memory of getting my first pair of glasses and suddenly being able to see things I didn’t know existed in such detail.

Recently I picked up a trial pair of contacts with a new prescription. Unfortunately, they didn’t seem to be completely correct as my vision was slightly off from my old ones (and not in a good way.) I wore them for a few days to see if I just needed to get used to them, but my vision didn’t get any better. I suppose I could have just continued to wear those contacts and hope I adjusted to them, but that was never going to correct my vision problem.

We can’t settle for blurry vision in other areas of our life either. If we see something isn’t quite right, we should commit ourselves to doing something to correct the problem. Even if we convince ourselves we will get used to it that doesn’t provide a real solution to a lasting problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment