Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Influence: My Best Friend

At the end of this blog series on influences in my life, it has to be concluded by talking about my wife. She and I met in the fall of 1991, started dating February 14, 1992, I proposed on February 14, 1993 and we were married in December of 1994. It has been a difficult and yet rewarding journey, but I wouldn't have made it where I am today without her. It's interesting to see how much we have changed through the years, and how we have become so much closer as a result of life together blessed by God.

I couldn't possibly fit into one blog entry all of the ways she has influenced me, but I'll try:
  • She showed me toughness right away as she dealt with breast cancer and then became an advocate for early screening and detection for young women
  • She has this great family that has helped to shape my work ethic and desire to provide for my own family
  • She got me to go back to church and was the spiritual leader in our house when I wasn't man enough to do it
  • She prayed for me and held things together while I spent the majority of my time focused on my career in athletic training
  • She believes in me and is my biggest fan and supporter
  • She has become so passionate about studying God's Word and is definitely a better Biblical scholar than I am
  • She loves our children so much and is an incredible mother to them
  • She is one of the most intelligent people I know and I value her input in so many ways
  • She doesn't just accept something because "that's the way it's always been done" and pushes me to think about how things come together
  • She has dedicated herself to running and has pushed me to be in better condition for our family's sake and my own
  • She has shown a commitment to God's plan for our family and is willing to go wherever He leads us.
I could go on and make this the world's longest blog, but it is sufficient to say that I am blessed to be married to my best friend, my confidant, my lover and the woman who pushes me to be a better man.

Thank you babe for loving me and helping me to be who God wants me to be.

2 comments: